Channel Islands Marine & Wildlife Institute (CIMWI) is committed to educating the public on the plight of marine mammals and the impact people have on the environment to promote positive change. CIMWI provides education and support to the surrounding communities, schools, agencies, organizations, researchers and veterinarians.
CIMWI fulfills its commitment to education through:
- Educating beachgoers during stranded marine mammal assessments and rescues
- Providing training to beach support personnel, response agencies and organizations that come in contact with marine mammals
- Participating in local festivals and events with educational booths and services
- Creating and delivering educational lessons for local schools and groups
- Providing educational presentations to groups and organizations
- Offering educational resource materials for the general public